We are excited about the upcoming #MYWritersFest2019 that will be taking place in October. This year, we are looking at launching the festival before October in anticipation of a great month ahead! The venue, date and time have been confirmed as follow:
- Date: 16 September (Monday), 2pm
- Venue: Intermark Mall (Level 3), 348 Jalan Tun Razak, 50400 Kuala Lumpur.
- Duration: 90 mins/1.5 hours
The agenda for #MYWritersFest2019 launch includes the following:
- Festival Opening Speech – Festival Director will provide an overview of what the festival is about and to announce the program listing that will be taking place across the country throughout October 2019.
- #MYWriters Mass Book Launch – Writers who have published their books but have not had a launch event for it can collectively launch their new books at this event. The last mass book launch saw 5 writers introducing their new works.
- Readings & Poetry Performances – The writers launching their books will be given 5 to 10 minutes to talk about their work or do a reading from their book.
- Book Sales – All book sales on that day will be managed by #MYWriters Society. We will be having a booth there to sell Members’ books as well as the books that will be launched on that day.
The writers who will be launching their books on that day are Brina Tharishinee, Carol Chu Mei Yin, Karl D. LaRowe and Ravi Vig, Sanjugtha Vigneswaran, Roserq Mokhtar Sansom, Dee Han, Carol Jennifer Soars, Sivanesan Krishnan, Jasveena R. Prabhagaran, and Eva Mahirah Zulkifli. Some of them are first-time authors while others are veterans. There is also a book anthology, written by children and edited by Sanjugtha, which will be launched on that day. Some of the children will be there to read and talk about their stories in the anthology.
So join us as we launch our month-long #MYWritersFet2019 and get to know some Malaysian writers.