We are excited about the upcoming #MYWritersFest2019 that will be taking place in October. This year, we are looking at launching the festival before October in anticipation of a great month ahead! The venue, date and time have been confirmed as follow:
- Date: 16 September (Monday), 2pm
- Venue: Intermark Mall (Level 3), 348 Jalan Tun Razak, 50400 Kuala Lumpur.
- Duration: 90 mins/1.5 hours
The agenda for #MYWritersFest2019 launch includes the following:
- Festival Opening Speech – Festival Director will provide an overview of what the festival is about and to announce the program listing that will be taking place across the country throughout October 2019.
- #MYWriters Mass Book Launch – Writers who have published their books but have not had a launch event for it can collectively launch their new books at this event. The last mass book launch saw 5 writers introducing their new works.
- Readings & Poetry Performances – The writers launching their books will be given 5 to 10 minutes to talk about their work or do a reading from their book.
- Book Sales – All book sales on that day will be managed by #MYWriters Society. We will be having a booth there to sell Members’ books as well as the books that will be launched on that day.
If you or your writer friends have a new book to launch in September 2019, we would like to invite you/them to join the Mass Book Launch. We are allocating 10 slots for 10 books to be launched on that day. Of course, the more the merrier, and if the response is good, we are open to discuss with our venue sponsor for a longer time duration for the event.
We will be charging a small administration fee of RM100 per book title (50% off for Society Member). This administration fee includes the following:
- logistic planning of the launch
- sending invitation and press kits to media friends
- producing promotional materials for the writer’s perusal
- write-up coverage/posting on our social media
- book sales on that day (you don’t have to pay us the usual 10% commission when we sell your newly launched book on that day!)
To sign up, go to https://forms.gle/jiR2RTeS46q69F986 and fill up the registration form. Registration open till 20 August 2019 only.
Should you have any enquiry, feel free to contact us at email@example.com
Looking forward to meeting you and your new books!